Unit 3 Reflection

Elizabeth Quezada

WRT 205

1.I think my title is pretty straight forward, I don’t think it’s clever but it’s clear and let’s the reader know exactly what they’re about to read.

2. Video games are an international platform of modern entertainment and gender inequality is still a social issue we have today around the world.

3. Well I go into my own experience as a gamer and how I didn’t even realize the effects until I reached my teenage years. I provide enough examples and statistics to defend my point and point out things that could easily go over someone’s head, especially with my example of the Super Mario franchise in the beginning of my blog post.

4. For once, in a very long time I feel as though my thoughts are clear in this assignment. I feel as though the claim and my stance on the controversial topic is clear. I anticipate that the audience will understand what I’m talking about and what I would like them to take away when they’re done reading.

5. Like many articles, I expect people to have a mixed reviews on my controversial topic, because it is rather controversial. I expect people to find more to say and to question which I think is normal, it happens to many blog posts and I’m not that experienced so it wouldn’t surprise me if these were the results. I think I organized my content in a concise manner.

6. How well does the writer research a controversy, develop a persuasive stance, utilize research about the topic,  and join the ‘debate’ by making an argument of importance? I think I researched pretty well and besides the chart I included as one of the visuals, I also have quite a bit of hyperlinks.i also feel like my stance on this topic is clear throughout the paper.

7. I used two images that are my primary sources (the video game covers of Lollipop Chainsaw & Duke Nukem: Forever) and multiple secondary sources (articles, blog posts, studies).

8. My topic deals with an international entertainment platform that’s already everywhere. I think that my primary and secondary sources support my topic because I talk about both sides of the gaming community and how it affects people and the social construct of gender which is already something that is complicated in itself.

9. I think I have a decent grasp on the rhetorical devices. I think they’re effective enough to get my point across and more.

10. I think the visuals definitely add to the content of my writing. It goes along with what I am saying and gives the audience something to look at and not just blocks of words. There are visuals to help explain my point.

11. I listened to many of the peer comments from the day we wrote our claims down on paper and passed them around the classroom and fixed my claim. I narrowed it down so that it sounded less broad as well.

12. I think my hyperlinks are effective and appropriate. They take the audience to articles, to blog posts, to videos, etc. They really do help with what I am trying to express throughout my writing.

13. Overall I think that my writing sounds confident. I think that the audience could definitely tell where I stand and the word choices sound more aggressive instead of passive which adds to the confidence and air of credibility but also to the style of my post.